The historic village of Hudson, Ohio is home for this addition to an 1869 Romanesque revival sanctuary. The program called for removal of a modern 1950's addition, and the congregation specifically wanted the new, larger addition to reflect an image more harmonious with the original sanctuary. Additionally, more space was needed for church offices, classrooms for Sunday school and daycare, and a large fellowship hall capable of seating 300 for dinner.