St. Chrysostom's Episcopal Church occupies a distinctive, neo-Gothic complex located in the heart of Chicago's Gold Coast. First constructed in 1884, additions and alterations carried out in the 1920's established the present form of the buildings. In recent decades, renovations and maintenance have been of a nature that is inconsistent with the architecture of the church. The church vestry commissioned HBRA to lead a multi-phase renovation of the church facilities. First completed was a comprehensive existing conditions report. This set the framework for necessary building restoration work. Ongoing projects have included a renovation of the sanctuary and new organ loft, renovations to the day school and parish house, and renovation and redesign of the existing garden courtyard.