This project entailed the complete renovation and additions to one of Chicago's outstanding examples of Romanesque Revival residential architecture. Designed by Henry Ives Cobb and Charles Frost in the 1880's, the landmarked residence accommodated the needs of a late 19th Century lifestyle. The design solution was based on developing a completely revised plan for the first and second floors and required careful attention to materials and detail, especially where new and old work meet.